The DDA’s mission is to oversee the revitalization and redevelopment of the central business district and to develop and promote for the public good and general welfare, trade, commerce, industry and employment opportunities.
Members must either own a business or have an economic interest in the downtown. A member of the City Council is permitted to serve on the DDA. Current City Council member on the board is Matthew Momtahan, Ward 2.
The DDA/CVB board meets the 4th Monday of each monthat 6:15 pm at the Holt-Bishop Justice Center located at 101 Main Street, Villa Rica, GA 30180.
The public is invited to attend.
Term: 4 years | Members: 7;without a a limit on the number of terms a member may serve. Recommended by board members; Approved by City Council.
- Jerry Doyal; Chair, 10/07/2017 - 10/07/2021
- Carl R Peabody, 04/01/2018 - 03/31/2022
- Andy Hill, 07/01/2019 – 03/31/2023
- Ellen Wynn McBrayer, 01/27/2020 - 05/31/2022
- Matthew Momtahan, 06/01/2019 - 06/30/2023
- Bill Taylor, 11/25/2019 - 11/25/2023
- Kimberly B Stovall, 04/01/2017 – 03/31/2021
- Tracy Dunnavant, Secretary
Anyone interested in serving on the Downtown Development Authority will need to complete an application and submit to the City Clerk; Alisa Doyal. Her email is [email protected] or you can deliver the application to City Hall. The application is available at the link below:
Apply for the Board